Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

Now that the old has come and fled,

And the new is here at last with us,

The old year was a great one and not one that bled,

But how can we not bring 2008 in without a fuss!

The fireworks go off, thunderous and bright,

All around us there is much dancing and joy!

So, welcome in the New Year with might,

Now is the time for girl to meet boy!

I will sound off my resolutions so high,

That cover the gauntlet from health to love,

As I sit and clap my hands and slap my thigh,

And promise to be patient and not shove!

Just a short ditty to welcome the New Year,

For you and your loved ones throughout the days,

Hoping that you won’t have to shed a tear,

Instead enjoy the music, games and plays!

If I keep this up too much longer,

I’m afraid that this might stretch into 2009,

So, I’ll quit right now without seeking a rhyme,

For any of these lines divine!

No comments: